Monday, December 13, 2010

Lela’s White Christmas Mix

 

image

Normally, I am not a fan of white chocolate, but when my friend Lela brought over this sweet, holiday Chex mix a couple of Christmases ago, I found snacking bliss.  The recipe makes a ton, so I usually cut it in half.  If you have a big enough bowl, make up the whole lot, and you’ll have enough for yourself and to share with friends and neighbors.

White Christmas Mix

3 c. corn chex

3 c. rice chex

3 c. honey nut cheerios

2 c. small pretzels

2 c. salted peanuts

1 (12 oz) bag red and green M&Ms

1 (12 oz) bag red and green peanut M&Ms

2 (12 oz) bags white chocolate chips

Toss all ingredients except white chocolate chips together in a large bowl.  In another bowl, melt white chocolate chips, stirring until smooth and it pours freely. (I nuke the chips in the microwave, stirring every thirty seconds or so, until I get the right melty-consistency.)  Pour melted white chocolate over the other ingredients and stir to coat.  Spread mixture on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and let cool.  When it hardens, break mixture into pieces and enjoy.

1 comment: