Monday, June 13, 2011

Birthday Cake (and then some!)

 

IMGP9216

It’s almost my birthday. I’m turning 34, and in the spirit of celebration, I thought it would be fun to make a different cake (or bunch of cupcakes) each week for 34 weeks. It’s crazy, I know.  And bad for my waistline.  But whatever.  I’ll take up jogging or something to balance it all out.

So…starting in time for my birthday, I’m going to try a new cake recipe every week for 34 weeks, take a picture, eat a slice (or two, or ten!) and blog about the recipe and the experience. Extra cake will be distributed to those who want it.  I realize after week four or five, I might have to resort to cake bombing to get rid of it all.  Consider it my birthday present to you.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! :D Sounds like fun! I made some key lime cupcakes for a Relief Society event that were amazing. Seriously. (especially if you like Key Lime... like I do. :D). Let me know if you are interested in the recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and btw, what a great b-day project! :) The cookie Monster cupcakes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Almost Birthday to you friend! I LOVE your idea...how fun! And a great bonus to all of this is that your kiddos will think you are amazing!!! Adorable cupcakes ~ can't wait to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete